Spacebuild 3

legguar

i'll just cut to it shall I, i meen we can discuss specifics later in the thread. There aren't very many decent Spacebuild3 servers out there and alot of people haven't even tried spacebuild3 and if they have they never figuered out how to use it. I think it would be a great idea to start a SB3 server and see how it goes, take a random selection of RKS members teach them how SB3 works and see what they think, and if the majority doesn't like it, well the server ends. Also, most people don't know that changes have been made to SBMP and its now only SBEP and seems to work better and be more user friendly.

Abbreviations:
SBMP-Spacebuild Model Pack
SBEP-Spacebuild Enhancement Pack (used to be a part of SBMP before it was all changed to SBEP)

Spacebuild3 server

Spacebuild3 server

With there being very little good SB3 serversout there and most people not even knowing how to play them, I think RKS should create a SB3 server and take random willing members of RKS teach them SB3 and see what they think. Also a little farther down the road i think we could make the server be a sandbox server everyotherday and SB3 the rest (maby sandbox less than that) so that people can create ships, ect and be able to test them without having to worry about building in a planet or worrying if the server has/doesn't have an addon. also with many changes to SBMP with it now being SBEP it has become alot more user friendly. Also as a last note, i've found that most ppl that try sb3 and don't like it when i explain how it works they realize how good it is.

More most likely to come as I was in a hurry to type this.

Merged your triple posts.

I'll let the other RKs members vote on this. However, SB3 I believe is a horrible gamemode compared to SB2. There's just so much more you need to run a ship. All it does is make the server more prone to crashes, Reliable snapshot overflows, network tables filling up, and laggy ships due to increased props and increased bandwidth requirements.

It's a nightmare in terms of a server operator.

Can we put the Freelancer up first with PY's awesome emulator? And Sb3 is complete garbage, forget it. It was impossible to connect to the SB2 server Hal the times due
to reliable snapshot overflows.

I asked for this a while ago thinking it was a good idea. Then I used it. SB3 is trash. By proxy LS3/RD3 are also trash (if not worse). It is impossible to build a decent system because most of the models all look the same or are really bulky (and model change commands in console didn't seem to work). On top of that as PY said, because of it's bulky and exploded design it can slow down the server, your game and it generally wasn't even worth it. Basically what you get in SB2/LS2/RD2 is a lightweight, simple, and fun system design and with SB3/LS3/RD3 you get a bulky, complicated, and overly elegant system design.

I do like complex stuff, but the programers of SB3 went overboard with it and didn't really consider the limitations of the engine that they were working with. the result is what would otherwise be a wonderful script being ridiculously laggy and problematic. Plus like very few people play SB3.

And then to top it off, the developers of SB is trying to force everyone to play SB3 by removing all info there is regarding SB2...

I haven't seen SB3 but it sounded a bad attempt at making SB more complex and "fun". It could have changed, I don't know about that. And @Shamiz, PY got a server with a graphics card, setup will start on Wednesday (or thereabout).

oh, sorry bout there being multiposts was saying there was an error and that it didn't post. I didn't know it was tried awhile back...kinda new to RKS

again alot of the people against sb3 never figuered out how to play it and think its similar to sb2

I played it, and I know fully well how to play it. But it is similar to SB2. The only difference is that SB3 is ridiculously demanding on the server hardware and it lags everyone off the server with RSO.

I asked for this a while ago thinking it was a good idea. Then I used it. SB3 is trash. By proxy LS3/RD3 are also trash (if not worse). It is impossible to build a decent system because most of the models all look the same or are really bulky (and model change commands in console didn't seem to work). On top of that as PY said, because of it's bulky and exploded design it can slow down the server, your game and it generally wasn't even worth it. Basically what you get in SB2/LS2/RD2 is a lightweight, simple, and fun system design and with SB3/LS3/RD3 you get a bulky, complicated, and overly elegant system design.

Yes the models are somewhat bulky, but the air compressors yes they have similar models but each has a screen saying what it is and when not overused achualy lags less then sb2 from what i've found. and once you get the hang of it you can build systems with ease.

Also, i have a friend who created a decent amount of stuff for use injunction with ls3, that i might be able to get to give me a copy of for the server. Things like Stargates that use energy, bigger shields than what come with the SG pack, all the stargate stuff transfered to ls3 instead of 2, and a mod of McBuild's Ship Core addon.

It's not really about how big the models are, it has to do with the minimum amount of stuff you need to have to run a ship. It lags the server with just 1 of those SB3 ships.

all you need for a ship is 4 things that are on the ship itself :
oxigen comp
resouce cache
node
fusion gen -or- (for more than 4 things but can stay in space forever) solar panels instead of fusion gen

I think this matter has been resolved. We will not be getting a SB3 server as everyone but you agree that it's a big resource hog that sucks. If I get it, you will be the only RKs members that plays it.

Back