[REJECTED] Ban Appeal Statement

Venom

-(GoV)- VξпФм107
STEAM_0:1:13432982
Garry’s Mod Server- 64.34.182.109:27016
Time of Ban: 08 July 2010 at 1:51 am

To one the founders and Fireproofthor,

It all started when the map was Rolling hills when I joined in the server late Wednesday night, early Thursday morning when I raid some ones make shift home, the two players thought it was annoying and of course would lead to biased remarks minute before the ban, wanting me to get banned while being judge by an admin name of Root Beer (RB) on the next map atoll. On atoll as being a new map as it is I kept on raiding those two players on the count of name calling and disrespecting. The players then would complain too Steelcat a member or admin (not sure on this, never claimed he was an admin just said ‘maybe’) of RKS, however, Steelcat would say to them somewhere in the lines of I don’t care about your whining and your drama, Venom keep on doing what you were doing. (See the server Demo to back up this claim because I don’t have a demo). So taking the word from a RKS personal I assumed that I was doing nothing wrong, after all every admin needs a good laugh from the players from time to time. So I continued on until I got put into Jail by RB, which I thought the ‘trial’ was unjust not getting every piece of information. When RB entered in the server, he said himself I have not seen me do anything wrong but assumed that I have started a war among the players, which was fine by cat. In a way I supposed that I did started something, but need I mean to start a war? No. I do admit that I did prop block/push Pepsi, but it’s kind of hard not to when you go with the Red team coke (after all works best with mixing drinks) on the other day and there was a running joke on to blaming Pepsi from the survivalist death from the massive ramp.

Which concludes to the respective punishment, a permaban is to extreme for this case and if any ban it should be a week maximum but it is not for me to decide just my opinion. I acknowledge the action I have done on the server and regret of those actions. Also I apologize to any trauma or shell shock I may have caused to the players in the game at the time. I wish that there is sufficient explanation for an appeal and I would like to thank you for the opportunity for a second chance. So I leave to you that this game is strange, it seems like the winning move is not to play so how about a nice game of chess to settle the situation? Pawn to D3.

Sincerely, Venom
P.S. No my little brother didn’t do it, nor do I have one. So could I blame my dog?
P.P.S Sorry about the poor grammar, numbers is my thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect the fact that you took your time to fill out this appeal so thoroughly. I'm sure the leaders will get back to you on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, this "RootBeer" was me. Steelcat told me there was chaos on the server, so I joined incognito.
Unfortunately, the proppushing rule is NOT the only one you broke. You admit you were continuing to raid them, even though the map had just changed, right? The MOTD states that you can only raid a base every fifteen minutes. Its no fun for a player to be trying to build and be constantly annoyed. I did witness this, as I saw you return to the ring island after being killed by Energy several times.

dear venom at RKS all of our bans are permanent bans, and bans that span all of our servers. The reason for Such a style of banning has to do with people doing something getting banned for a week and then coming back on and doing it again (not to say that you would). But there have been people who have had there bans removed. With that said Since you have taken the time to post an unban request here i will listen to your plea. First i would like to wait a bit to give other people time to post about what there thoughts are also i will be reviewing the server logs when i am able to in order to bring some more light on the subject.

I am not sure if you have fire, but if you watch the demo from the existing ban request, it does show him proppushing there aswell.

When I originally joined, people were whining about him standing in their base, not really raiding them, which I didn't have a problem with no. The people's base he was in were very annoying, so I figured, whatever, so I turned for my sound for a bit, while I farmed my iron and whatnot. So in like 4 minutes or so I turn sound back on, and here people organizing prop pushing raids and something about a war, I do not believe I saw/heard venom prop pushing this time, but as the other ban request clearly shows him doing so. The only thing I saw venom do is repeated raid. However, the two times venom has played i'm aware of, he has caused problems both times, so I believe his ban should stand. Shocked only prop pushed/trapped in self defense, and Unknown was being a general minge, who started alot of problems i've witnessed in the past outside of this event and the ban request that was on at the time. But, even if for whatever reason Venom get's unbanned, it won't last long, he'll end up doing the same thing the next time he plays. Most likely the same case with Unknown.

Off Topic, GoV has a "Ballistics" in their clan! That's got to be a good thing! Our "Ballistic" has been searching for the plural form of himself for years!

Back to topic....
He took time to write a very detailed unban request... Furthermore I don't exactly see anything bad about him reported...

I vote that he be given a chance. Plus he can always be easily banned again if something bad happens. I am not too worried about that part. (If and only if he comes back to post on this forums. Else, it would mean that he doesnt care about the ban and the ban should remain in place).

While I do see your point PY, he seems to me like a very political mingebag. The entire time I was trying to talk to everyone in the server, he kept asking what EXACT rules he broke, etc etc. Its almost as bad as the 12 year old I had to deal with "NO YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME A WARNING FIRST YOU CANT JUST BAN ME"

At Smithno, yes I was constantly going back to the base because I was trying to get my resources out of the shack where I was stuck to begin with because, someone planted a tree under his shack. If the resources would of stayed then I might have been accused of prop blocking. Also on another note, being political is nothing wrong, question everything so things would be just and would not be biased. For the record, time is relative and I don’t perceive time as majority of the population does. As an example, imagine your watch not keeping time but records the distance you travel, but let’s not talk about spacetime.

At fireproofthor, so basically what you’re saying prop pushing ban in gmod is no different from hacking ban and exploits bans from CS:S and TF2 and that a ban from pushing will get you ban on other game servers. What is the explanation in this? Feels like a punishment of getting the death penalty because I didn’t clean up after my dog in the park.

At PY004, I think for every bad thing comes a good thing. Strange how your Ballistic was looking for a plural of himself for years and it all happened because of this unfortunate case.

Venom, lets talk REAL time. Do NOT raid more than ONCE every 15 minutes. On our server, you follow OUR time.

I do not honestly believe he wants an un-ban, he probably just wants unban to spite smith, for whatever reason. When smith was asking his case, by using questions like "Why did you raid more than once every 15 minutes?". Venom would give some smartass response by saying "time is relative". Or inform smith of how he was breaking the constitution by not giving him a jury trail. Funny as those things may be, it shows that he does not care if he gets banned.

I don’t perceive time as majority of the population does.

I lol'd. I guess you're constantly travelling at light speed then? :p

Anyway, following the rules isn't all that difficult, yet people still manage to break them constantly. Hence the perma-bans.

"So taking the word from a RKS personal I assumed that I was doing nothing wrong"

Personally I don't buy it, but then again, it's not up to me to decide and to be honest a simple 'kick' would've sufficed in my opinion :).

A kick does nothing in stranded. Rejoin within ten minutes and its only as if you died.

It only gets the message across if the person receives the message, he had no desire to get the message, i'm sure if he was kicked, he would of rejoined and done the same thing probably before smith had even left.

Not to be rude or anything, but has their been a final decision made of my appeal being accepted or rejected?

I am still waiting o hear back from py he is viewing the demo on the server that is recorded 24/7 and based on what he finds i will make my decision. I had to format my computer recently, and just now have been able to access the forms.

Back