[DENIED] prop blocking cave in Atoll.

Fire2box

Player name: Shah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11362925 here are 3 demo files from the game for proof.
Proof: here are 3 demo files from the game for proof.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/le2yjmnjmtg/shahban1987.dem
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjjmmizegzi/shahban.dem
http://www.mediafire.com/file/irlnwlyqgnz/shah.dem
Server: RKS clan's Garry's mod Stranded server
Time, Date: around 5 PM PST on June 16th, 2010
Reason for ban: Shash was tree blocking my cave.. locking my iron 4x4 PHX door thats raised by winch cables and held in place by ballsockets on the ground. Thankfully I was able to live in the cave due to water. plants and a bed

Oh boy. This is going to be problematic.
I shall review the evidence and talk to shah about this before I make my decision.

Also next time, I would appreciate it if you zip the demo up and attach it on the forums when you upload more than 1 demos. Mediafire downloads at a horribly speed for me.

Also next time, I would appreciate it if you zip the demo up and attach it on the forums when you upload more than 1 demos. Mediafire downloads at a horribly speed for me.

Okay.. I just used mediafire since it was the best option it seemed. I never got a horrible rate from media fire.

Sorry for posting so many ban requests. Im on right now to make another for at least two people.. <_> Though I have since stopped using the cave as a base and I should suggest their be a rule about not making the cave into a base. Everyone seems to want it and when these new guys can't get it tey rage and TRY to make life a living hell for the person living in the cave. Though with me it mostly backfires with me killing them to stop their intrusions on to/into my base.

Sorry that there has been no response to your post after 3 days so i feel that you should know where the ban currently stands. As of the current moment we are waiting to hear from shah. He is a friend of the owner of the server and PY feel's that we should know everything that went on. The .dem files that you placed on are helpful but of the one that showed any relevant information we where unable to ascertain who planted the trees. i will be asking PY to go through the server logs to see of there is any information that can be gathered from it and if so post in the thread.

Last edited:
Sorry that there has been no response to your post after 3 days so i feel that you should know where the ban currently stands. As of the current moment we are waiting to hear from shah. He is a friend of the owner of the server and PY feel's that we should know everything that went on. The .dem files that you placed on are helpful but of the one that showed any relevant information we where unable to ascertain who planted the trees. i will be asking PY to go through the server logs to see of there is any information that can be gathered from it and if so post in the thread.

Frankly im not even sure if I care if this person gets banned anymore.. every time i'm on the server there's people causing trouble anyhow.

Today I was playing for a few outs.. built a 4x4 iron wall "fortress" around my tribes base.. another tribe kept climbing over the fence with prop stacking trying to still our stuff or just in general mess with us. Thankfully someone using the console did ban this one girl who was prop pushing me and my tribe, which was odd when I gave her free weapons/tools last night.

Later on RKS|Jake came on and told me server admins (him included) can no longer ban people to which I reply "Then whats the point of being admin?". Yes they can clean up props, kick people, and be a deterrent.. but the only admin I seen on is Jake and the other guy I forgot his name. But neither of them ever seem to come on when im playing, and im playing on the server pretty often (level 89 in like 2 weeks).

Of course I can submit ban requests but PY wants me to do it within the website, and compress the files since his computer seemingly doesn't like mediafire. Plus I don't like the uploading feature of this wesite, most likely since I haven't been able to get a upload going. Even uploading on youtube gives me trouble, but with mediafire it's been perfect.

It's garrysmod. The average population that plays it is like 14 or something. I can't monitor the server 24/7. All I can do is go through the logs every few weeks and ban them off.

As I said, a single mediafire is okay, I don't mind. I am willing to put up with 30 minutes of downloading. But when there are three files, since mediafire restricts me from downloading multiple simultaneously, I cannot justify seeing them all. That was why I asked if you could compress and upload onto the site if possible. If not, then the regular mediafire method will work fine.

Bans are disabled for junior admin as the bans are effective throughout the RKS network. Jake is on a trial admin and Sober is a paid admin, which means both will not get ban privileges. As it stands, there is usually a leader on in Teamspeak capable of banning someone. Junior admins are supposed to report when bans are needed. Not the perfect way, but then it was the only way we could stop the admin ban abuse situation.

I did at one point considered adding you to admin since you were on all the time which was I asked you to add me to friends. I have since retracted that decision since I did not receive a request.

I did at one point considered adding you to admin since you were on all the time which was I asked you to add me to friends. I have since retracted that decision since I did not receive a request.

I don't think I ever saw such a request. Was it on the server? If it was it's most likely since I ignore people who want me to add them as friends if I don't know them.. and at the time I didn't really know you either. My friends list is over populated with people that pretty much don't even come on Steam anymore.

<_> I mainly come here to post on the garry mod stranded server sub-fourm.. since it's the only RKS server I play. In that topic I was only making that one point as a opinion on how you seem to run things and as a suggestion after hearing about the system from jake, sober or rawrs64.

Also if you were going to give admin to someone give it to RKS|Rawrs64, he handles himself well and he's the person who taught me and others how to play this mod. Perhaps it will lure him back into playing on the server regular and get him off his 360.

Rawrs is new, I don't know him very well, neither do the leaders. He has a mic but is never on teamspeak etc. If more people vouch for him, I will give him admin.

In the last 5 years of Garry's Mod, more than 50% of the community became minge bags making life hell. in 2009-2010, that number went from 50% down to 15% due to our new updates the help of all lua makers for there admin mods.
Garry Newman 5-9-10

yays!!!!

Back