[REJECTED] LeoMarr

Zinthius

a. Your In Game Name Leomarr
b. The server you were banned in (IP and Port)23.19.122.21:27018
c. Around what time, what date you were banned on. 5/22/2012 4:15PM PST
d. Your Steam ID (looks like STEAM_0:0:12345678) STEAM_0:1:19913622
e. Your Explanation of why you should be unbanned Instead of actually aiding me the admin "Roc" Went straight to a ban. I was in my apartment when a cop and a GANGSTER began to bash my door down for "Suspected Money printers" and I shotgunned them both, the cop came back again and I shot him, again. I hadn't read that there is no NLR until after they had come back. I also didn't have a keypad on my door, which I thought I had put there. I'm not sure why people seem to think going straight to a ban is the best way to keep players on a server. Had roc actually stopped the cop from coming back every spawn Maybe I would have been OK with the warrant stuff. Instead he just banned me without really saying anything.

I don't think "Friendly Gamers" would refer to just banning someone who was defending themself from a cop/didn't know about no NLR. Maybe Oh, !goto leomarr talk to leomarr would have worked much better. And I really don't play to go back to the darkRP server.

First impressions are everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I know you did not read the rules. But me and several other said to read it. That is why we all yelled "Read the MOTD...." The rules were right there. PLUS, right when u log into the server, it shows the MOTD right there. Which you did not read. So actually, Roc did not need to give you any warnings. Everyone else in the server did. Leo, you chat was filled with warnings of saying Read MOTD. Plus people were telling you through voice chat. But you ignored it all.

I'll give you support that you should be unbanned BUT under the circumstance that you read the MOTD to see the rules. And THERE IS NO NLR.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.

Pretty much just like in real life, ignorance is not an excuse for violating a law/rules. The admins from what you're telling me acted perfectly fine and within regulations. Furthermore, the amount of bans you have managed to get on other servers is quite a lot. That certainly talks a lot about your character, and as you say, first impressions are everything. Finally, I also see that you were banned previously for random deathmatching but was unbanned due to an error on one of my admin's part. As such, I see no reason why this ban should be lifted. Since you clearly state that you have no plan on playing this server anyways, you don't exactly need an unban.

Unban request denied by PY004.

References:
http://www.rkszone.com/showthread.php?t=2382

first off about what you saying on your unban request you where told in chat

[19:15:19] LeoMarr: // They are breaking NLR by putting an arrest for killing
[19:15:24] RKS | TrollingForDayz[R]: Leo..
[19:15:26] Roc: no theres no nlr rule
[19:15:27] RKS | TrollingForDayz[R]: There's no NLR
[19:15:31] Death 2 You: theres no nlr
[19:15:32] Roc: also you need keypads on your door

then after everyone told you there is no NLR and that you needed keypads

[19:15:56] LeoMarr: // ROc to me please. Giver is breaking NLR

this show to me that not only can you NOT read an motd (even if you had glanced at it the BIG red letters saying THERE IS NO NLR should have caught your eye) but you cant read chat ether.

[19:16:09] Dropped "LeoMarr" from server<STEAM_0:1:19913622>

at this point I assume that Roc banned you because 1. you broke the rules, 2. you didn't listen to what the admin or anyone on the server had to say

http://www.rkszone.com/apps/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:19913622&Submit

there is another ban that you got from the stranded server back in 2010 that ban was caused by guess what not reading the MOTD so as for getting unbanned the answer is NO. Oh a word of advice after looking up your Steam id might I suggest that you take the time to read the motd of the servers you join as it will cause you to get banned less in the future.

Last edited:
Back