[PENDING] GRP/FactionsRKS instead of SB

housemaster49

as the title says for a few reasons:

Spacebuild, although much like sandbox, does not have teams and using the stargates makes things a little too easy (granted it is a big map). GRP however requires for you to build ships in order to get around and best of all kill humans/aliens. I'm sure that some of our members remember the Conman vs. Shamiz war.

If not, add the SBEP entity ships and/or Gcombat to SB.

No idea what you're talking about

I would agree with this...if we could some how modify gooniverse to accommodate GRP. Also, stargates should be allowed, but they should only start off in home planets. Then they can be bought on other planets, just as the transformers could be bought. If you do remember, GRP is far from perfect and IMO could use alot of work (ex: rocks falling through planets, etc.)

yeah true about the various bugs and what not... stargates do make it too easy b/c one race requires the other races minerals in order to become rich, but w/e, that's at admin discretion. rocks falling through planets happened the 2nd time we had GRP up. in all, it still provided for a better experience than SB, and I think that there are a few mappers here that are up to the challenge of modifying or making new maps.

I have a guide somewhere which describes how to map for GlobalRP.

I can't remember where I put it in my file system

I agree that we should use GRP because its a ****in beastly gamemode, even with all of its bugs. But if we use it we shouldn't have stargates as that would eliminate the point of RP spaceship building. And if we stay with SB we should have Gcombat but limit it to like 5 so as not to have nebelwerfer bombing raids on whole planets...

That is a good idea and I would agree, but when you think about the bugs there is a downside. Overall that is a good idea. :D

Back