MOTD Suggestions

MDReckless

Members
Just want to see who agrees with these rules to be added, I think they would benefit the server.

If a pedestrian is in the road and is stationary, running them over is considered Car Deathmatching

Hitting shift or speeding up when a pedestrian is near your car kills them, then that is considered Car Deathmatching

Mayor's laws can be removed by an admin if they conflict with server rules

If you were arrested you may not revenge kill the cop who arrested you

If you kill someone and they revenge kill you, you can't kill them again otherwise it's rdm (or just no revenge killing a revenge kill)

If there is no mayor or chief, then pistol are the only legal weapons to own

The lobby of the Police Department is a public area, thus players going in there isn't trespasser

Don't make an excessive amount of printed documents ( I would suggest 5-10 as max)

If someone is breaking the rules, report it to an admin, don't be a vigilante because you too may be banned

You can't physgun cars to prevent them from being stolen

I may add more.

also should the fishing rod rule be removed since it doesn't kill anyone anymore?

I think this needs to be large and red

Type "@ reason" to contact an admin, saying "Admin to me" isn't the right way to call for one

Last edited:
I agree for the most part. The MOTD needs a general overhaul. I wouldn't bother with the 4th line, admins are admins, so long as they're not abusing they can do whatever they need to in order to keep the server under control. No point in telling the players really. Also, a cap on printed docs would be nice.
Also again, this is off-topic, don't let it derail the thread, but 2 years or so ago I played on an RP server where if the mayor dies he's demoted. Only problem is rdm, but I sort of liked the idea, it made a purpose to protect the mayor.
But to sum up my thoughts here, we do need a MOTD update, and some of these would be nice contributions.

All the rules you suggested seem like they could help control the server a bit more. I support them being added.

I think all these rules would benefit the server in a good way. I think it would be great if we added a report system so everyone doesn't type "ADMIN TO ME."

I feel basically the same as Hucota7 on this issue. The fishing pole in public law needs to be removed given that it can no longer hurt anyone.

Also, if someone types NLR, the console should permanently ban them from all RKS servers. (Just kidding)

I like the aspect of the mayor gets demoted when he dies. Because it would stop the mayor from doing rambunctious things. Like blowing down doors because hes the mayor. That happens way to often. Also it would keep the CP busy keeping them from just getting bored and doing random searches.

I completely agree with the above but i feel that cars should be able to be phys gunned if they have only 1 or fewer gas for the sole purpose of and customizations. apart from that these new rules would help greatly

If someone is breaking the rules, report it to an admin, don't be a vigilante because you too may be banned

I love you for thinking of this, if anyone does it again and then tells me that the person was breaking the rules. I'm just gonna start kicking them.

Back