Flashbang blind

Hucota7

I was wondering, could the flashbang be tweaked to use ULX blind instead of client-side post processing?
Also, this always annoys me, flashbangs will still damage your vision even if you have your back turned to them.

I remember one time in the darkRP Fire and Lavernius repeatedely threw them at my hobo house...those & smoke grenades. The smokes were eliminating my FPS.

People actually use the flash bangs?

You learn something everyday I guess.
Rarely. I'm hoping an update would get them a bit more attention.
I remember one time in the darkRP Fire and Lavernius repeatedely threw them at my hobo house...those & smoke grenades. The smokes were eliminating my FPS.
A change to the smokes would be nice.. I think they probably lag everyone.

I only use flash bangs when Im raiding. But I did notice the problems that Hucota stated. I could be turned away facing the wall and it still would make my vision blinded.

You know light reflects, right? Even if you arent facing a stun grenade, you still get pretty ****ed up. Not only from the flash, but the concussive sound.

You know light reflects, right? Even if you arent facing a stun grenade, you still get pretty ****ed up. Not only from the flash, but the concussive sound.

whether or not you are affected by the grenade in general is not really the point of this thread. While what you say is true, the main problem is that in game, the flash goes through opaque walls and doors, almost completely blinding you because of it. This makes flash bangs very hard to use because it is usually almost impossible to avoid the effects of it in close quarters. For example, if you throw a flash bang through a door, close it and look away, it still harms you as if the walls and such were not there.

The flashbang uses raycasting to detect if there is a wall between you and the grenade. I guess it doesnt detect entities or props.

Back